The other day when receiving the news that Barack Obama was going to be in La Crosse, I made the decision that I was either going to camp out to make sure I could actually see the speech, or I was going to go there around 4:00am. Needless to say, we didn't camp out because there was only one group there last night. So this morning at 4:15ish Jake and I ventured off to downtown La Crosse. Jake was excited to see Obama, but needless to say wasn't too thrilled about leaving so early.
Me with Obama speaking in the background.
He spoke about the state of the economy today, the future of the young kids and adults, the future of education, and our future as Americans. We have learned that this is not going to be an easy road, but after all there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The best part of waking up so early was not only getting to hear an amazing person speak to me and my other fellow Americans about our futures, but also getting to shake his hand....TWICE!
2 comments:
I am SO jealous! I wish I could have been there today! I, too, am a huge fan and have been since the first time I heard him speak--okay, it was on Oprah right after he became senator in Illinois, but I've been hooked ever since!
looks like a fabulous day - i bet you are tired though. i too saw the interview oprah had with him long before he declared his running. i really liked him - i'm just sad he picked such a shmuck for a running mate. great pics.
Post a Comment