So this update is WAY past due! I have been so busy with school and cross country that I haven't had time for ANYTHING! However, that is why this last weekend was so great! This past weekend I didn't have a cross country meet, so I agreed to travel to Milwaukee and Chicago with Suzie Thursday-Sunday. We had the time of our lives! We arrived to Milwaukee late on Thursday night. We were both running behind because of our school schedules and packing, and then we had to stop in Madison to pick up her brother. So as soon as we arrived, we unpacked a little and got ready for bed.
On Friday morning Suz and I woke up and got ready for the day. We went to the library (a very nice one at that), and then began our travel to downtown Chicago to tour Roosevelt University (a graduate school for Suzie). We made it with plenty of time to spare. We decided to do a little bit of exploring and went to Millennium Park. It was so nice because it just right across the street. I had never been there before...so I got to have my first experience at "The Bean".
Suz and I took a lot of great pictures, but here is one of the favorites!
Finally we made it to the tour of the school. This was a view from the Library on the 10th floor. There was a lot of history that goes along with that school. It was founded by President Roosevelt, and it was the first Hotel/Auditorium with electricity. So not only is it a Chicago landmark, but it is a national one as well. So if you are ever bored...google: Auditorium Theatre Hotel.
3 comments:
Looks like a fun time! I would love to head to Chicago some day! The outdoor concert venue is so cool! I had never heard of the Bean! Thanks for sharing your pictures and you adventures!
I keep thinking and mentioning to Kristin we need to have a girls weekend sometime! I think that would be so much fun if the three of us could get away for a weekend! Good food, possibly pampering, and getting out of here will be very much needed after the next few months I'm sure!
how fun - oh how i wish we could do something like that. looks like a great opportunity to get away. hope you are rejuvinated and refreshed...
Post a Comment